In some markets the car industry offers cars and 4WDs what not properly charge the batterie(s) anymore due to very strict exhaust regulations. Either the alternator is temporarily not charging or the charge voltage is reduced.
The new DBM20A can be used in 2 main applications such as 12/12V or 24V/12V InCarCharger offering 3 different battery selections with a 3 or 4 stage charge mode (bulk, absorption, float with optional equalize)
If only the DBM20A is installed, it recognizes an IGN-signal or the present charge of the alternator. With the optional installation of the Link Start Kit (DBMLSK + IBS Relay + Switch) or an IBS monitor new version 8.1, then additional functions are available such as link start, winch support, solar link or fast charge. An existing IBS Dual Battery Systems can be partly integrated. New IBS-DBS system with future version 8.1 will support all DBS functions.
Changeover to Li-Ion additional battery
As of version 2.7, during the installation of the IBS-DBM20A, the setting of the additional battery type can be changed from lead to Li-ion battery.
- 20A DC/DC InCarCharger
- 3 or 4 stage charge routine (bulk, absorption, equalize, float)
- 3 battery types to the selection (charge levels selectable by user during installation)
- Link start with optional Link Start Kit (DBMLSK)
Applications: See schematics below
- 12V/ 12V InCarCharger dual battery system
- 24V/ 12V InCarCharger (for 24V 4WDs,Trucks and Military)
- 12V/ 12V Charging system for battery in trailer
Two main configurations are available for the IGN-input (light blue)
- IGN concted to ignition: for cars with alternators, which stop temprarely to charge. At the first charge cycle (Main) above 13.3V the DC/DC InCarCharger starts charging. Even if the alternator interrupts the charging process the DBM20A keeps charging until 11.9V on Main battery.
- IGN not connected: suitable for all other vehicles (incl. vehicles with alternators , which reduce the charging voltage over time ) . As soon as the charging voltage of the starter battery ( Main ) exceeds 13.3V, the DC / DC InCarCharger starts and loads according to the chosen charging voltage the auxiliary battery ( AUX ) . The charging is stopped when the voltage of the starter battery ( Main) drops to 12.7V (when the vehicle engine is switched off).
During installation with the first connection of the wires red and black, the DBM20A indicates the software version and the configuration mode for the charge voltage starts. The unit offers 6 charge modes: low, low with equalize, mid, mid with equalize, high, high with equalize what can be selected in a cycle with GND (- or chassis) of the yellow Link/Prog wire. Every short GND connection switches to the next charge mode, what is indicated by the "Charge Select" LEDs. If now further charge is done, the selected combination LED will flash after 5 sec and the configuration is saved (for sample: the Mid level and equalize mode LEDs are on, this means the DBM20A charges for 14.4V and equalize is activated).
34cmx 17cm x 10cm (L x W x H)